Thursday, January 23, 2014

Adam

 
When I first started reading the Bible (over twenty years ago), I considered that the Adam spoken of in Genesis 1 (specifically Gen. 1:27) was the same as the Adam spoken of in Genesis 2.  Then in the age of the internet, while doing some research, I came upon a theory that said that the Adam of Genesis 1 was the "6th day Adam," and that the Adam of Genesis 2 was the "8th day Adam."
 
To me this seemed reasonable, since both chapters appeared to have two different accounts of the "creation" of Adam.  And I came to accept it as true.  Then one day I was listening to a podcast by Zen Garcia, where he said that Adam in Gen. 1:27 was the same Adam in Gen. 2:7.  Though I think Zen is wrong about a number of things, I give him credit for saying it right when it comes to Adam.  
 
I did see that in both verses a specific person (the same person) was being spoken of: "eth ha Adam" in the original Hebrew: "Eth ha" meaning that this very Adam was being described.  Chance Cameron--known as "Keeftwoof" on Youtube and who has a blog at http://keeftwoof.blogspot.ca/--confirmed this for me. 
 
So I've come full circle, in a sense.   Now Jesus Christ is the last Adam: "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.  Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven." (1 Corinthians 15:45-47)  Yahveh Elohim came into the flesh--through the line of Adam--to redeem his kinsmen (the Elect, that is Israel).
 
(Also check out  http://www.wontbow.org.)   

No comments:

Post a Comment